Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Making Faces





I found this on my bookshelf today. It's a little tome I scribed (with some help) when I was teaching the people of Japan to speak English. That mission accomplished, I packed most of my teaching materials in boxes and tucked them away in the dark recesses of my closet. This one, made using a pen, paper, and photocopier, is useful for learning how to describe facial features. I used it when teaching ESL(English as a second language) to public junior high school kids in Kanagawa, Japan. While it's not perfect, it's not entirely without merit and ideal for a semi low-tech classroom environment.






Here is Making Faces:



If you have a printer, you can make your own Making Faces using these images below. You might want to change some of the labels (like buckteeth, etc.). I used terms I found in textbooks I was working with at the time. Most important of all, remember to put on a happy face!



 


















Related unit(s): Eye Spy

No comments:

Post a Comment